##### Understanding Dark and Darker Crashing: Causes and Solutions
**Dark and Darker Crashing: Why It Occurs and How to Fix It**
Dark and Darker is a PvP dungeon-crawling game that offers an enjoyable gaming experience. However, many players encounter the frustrating issue of the game crashing on their computers. This can happen during mid-game, at startup, or randomly. In this guide, we will explore the common reasons for Dark and Darker crashing issues and provide step-by-step solutions to fix them.
**Causes of Dark and Darker Crashing Issues**
Several factors can contribute to the crashing problems experienced by players of Dark and Darker. These include:
1. **Driver issues**: Outdated or incompatible driver versions can lead to crashes in Dark and Darker.
2. **System requirements**: If your computer does not meet the system requirements of Dark and Darker, it may crash during startup or gameplay.
3. **Improper settings**: Incorrect settings on Windows can also cause the game to crash unexpectedly.
4. **Third-party services**: Certain third-party services have a reputation for causing crashing issues in games like Dark and Darker.
5. **Problematic components**: Faulty game components and files can also trigger crashing problems in video games.
**Fixing Dark and Darker Crashing Problems**
Before diving into the main solutions, there are a few quick actions you can take to troubleshoot the crashing issue:
1. Ensure that you are not overclocking any components.
2. Make sure DirectX is up to date and install any missing Visual C++ packages.
3. Temporarily disable or uninstall your antivirus and firewall to see if they are causing the issue.
4. Check that you have a stable internet connection.
Once you’ve completed these initial steps, you can proceed with the following solutions to troubleshoot and fix Dark and Darker crashing problems:
**1. Update the GPU and network driver**
Updating your GPU driver is a highly effective solution for preventing crashing issues in Dark and Darker. Follow these steps:
1. Press Win + X on your keyboard and select Device Manager.
2. Expand the Display adapters category, right-click on your graphics driver, and click on Update driver.
3. Choose the option to search automatically for drivers and follow the prompts to complete the update.
4. Next, expand the Network Adapters category, right-click on your network adapter, and select Update driver.
5. After updating both drivers, restart your computer.
Alternatively, you can use a tool like Outbyte Driver Updater to automatically update all your drivers and ensure they are up to date without manual intervention.
**2. Enable high-performance mode**
Enabling high-performance mode can help optimize your computer’s performance while playing Dark and Darker. Follow these steps:
1. Press Win + I to open the Windows Settings.
2. Go to System and click on Power.
3. In the Power mode dropdown menu, select Best performance.
4. Navigate to Display under the System tab and go to Graphics.
5. Select Dark and Darker from the available list and click on Options.
6. Check the High Performance option and click Save.
7. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
If Dark and Darker is not listed, you can manually add it and repeat the steps.
**3. Disable the overlay**
Disabling overlays in game-related applications can sometimes resolve crashing issues. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Chaf Games desktop app.
2. Click on your profile in the top right corner and go to Preferences.
3. Navigate to the In-game tab and uncheck the Using the Chaf Games Overlay option.
4. Click Apply to save the changes.
If you have GeForce Experience installed, disable the overlay in that application as well. Relaunch Dark and Darker to see if the crashing problem has been resolved.
**4. Uninstall any overclocking and cheating tools**
Certain third-party applications, such as overclocking and cheating tools, can interfere with the smooth operation of Dark and Darker. Follow these steps to uninstall such apps:
1. Go to the Windows Settings.
2. Navigate to Apps and click on Installed apps.
3. Locate the problematic or suspicious app.
4. Click on the three horizontal dots next to it and select Uninstall.
5. Uninstall any other services that you deem appropriate.
6. Restart your PC after uninstalling the apps.
Now you can try playing Dark and Darker again to see if the crashing issue persists.
If the crashing problem still persists, you can try these additional solutions:
1. Repair the game files.
2. Perform a clean boot and run the game to see if it helps.
3. Reinstall the GPU driver.
4. Reinstall the game.
For more comprehensive guidance on fixing game crashes, you can refer to the guide on how to fix games that keep crashing on your PC.
By following the steps outlined above, you can successfully troubleshoot and fix the crashing issues in Dark and Darker. It is also recommended to keep your Windows operating system, game client, and all drivers up to date to minimize the chance of encountering similar issues in the future. If you have any additional suggestions or solutions, feel free to share them in the comment box.