## Steps to Cease the Current Situation
Heading 3: Fixes for War Thunder Crashing on PC
War Thunder is a popular combat video game that offers stunning visuals and high-quality graphics. However, some players have reported experiencing crashes during gameplay or when launching the game. These crashes can be frustrating and interfere with the overall gaming experience. In this article, we will discuss some proven solutions to fix the War Thunder crashing issue and ensure smooth gameplay.
Possible Causes of War Thunder Crashing
There can be several factors contributing to the crashing issues in War Thunder:
1. Inadequate PC hardware configurations: If your PC does not meet the minimum and recommended hardware specifications to run the game, it may result in crashes.
2. Conflicting background processes: Certain background processes running on your PC while playing the game can conflict with War Thunder and cause crashes.
3. Corrupt or outdated device drivers: Outdated or corrupted device drivers, especially the GPU drivers, can lead to crashes in the game.
4. Outdated game client: If you are running an outdated version of the game client, it may result in crashes during gameplay.
5. Problems with startup applications: Certain applications running at startup may interfere with War Thunder and cause crashes.
6. Antivirus blocking the game: Sometimes, antivirus software may wrongly identify War Thunder as a threat and block it, leading to crashes.
7. Conflicts with overlay apps: Overlay applications, such as Discord overlay, can trigger issues with gameplay and cause crashes.
8. Issues with DirectX: Problems with DirectX, a collection of APIs used by War Thunder, can lead to crashes.
9. Overclocking and turbo-boosting issues: Overclocking or turbo-boosting your PC can increase its temperature and power consumption, resulting in stability issues and crashes.
Fixes for War Thunder Crashing
Before diving into the troubleshooting steps, it’s essential to perform these quick checks:
1. Confirm that your PC meets the system specifications required to run War Thunder.
2. Restart your PC to refresh the system and eliminate bugs and glitches.
Here are some fixes to try if War Thunder keeps crashing:
1. Disable overlay apps: Overlay apps running in the background can interfere with gameplay. To disable the Discord overlay app, launch Discord, click the gear icon, select “Game Overlay” from the left menu, and toggle off the “Enable in-game overlay” option.
2. Update GPU drivers: Outdated or corrupt GPU drivers can cause crashes in games. You can update GPU drivers manually by using the Device Manager or use a driver updater tool like Outbyte Driver Updater for a more automated process.
3. Switch loading modes: Some players have reported fixing crashes by switching the loading mode from fullscreen to windowed mode in the Steam client. Open the Steam client, launch War Thunder, click the cog icon, and select the windowed mode from the dropdown menu under the “fullscreen” tab.
4. Stop overclocking or turbo-boosting your PC: Overclocking or turbo-boosting your PC can lead to stability issues and crashes. Reset the clock speed to its default settings to prevent overheating problems.
Additional Fixes for War Thunder Crashing
If the above fixes do not resolve the crashing issue, you can try the following:
– Update the game client and War Thunder to the latest version.
– Temporarily disable Windows security programs like antivirus that may block War Thunder.
– Close startup applications and programs running in the background to free up system resources.
– Perform a clean boot to eliminate any conflicts between War Thunder and other applications.
– Update DirectX to the latest version.
– Perform system updates to ensure your PC has the latest patches and bug fixes.
– Delete War Thunder’s cache to remove temporary files that may be causing crashes.
– Set your power options to “high performance” to ensure your PC is running at optimal settings.
– Set the game’s priority to high in the task manager to allocate more system resources to War Thunder.
– Uninstall and reinstall the game as a last resort if all other options fail.
The War Thunder crashing issue can be resolved by following the troubleshooting steps outlined. Disabling overlay apps, updating GPU drivers, switching loading modes, and stopping overclocking are some effective ways to fix the crashes. If you encounter any further issues or errors while playing War Thunder or any other games, feel free to contact our support team for assistance.