**Why It Happens & How to Fix: Unveiling the Causes and Remedies**
How to Fix Valorant Won’t Install
Valorant is a popular 5v5 tactical shooter game that offers an immersive gaming experience. However, some players encounter an issue where the game won’t install on their Windows 11/10 computers. This article explores the reasons why Valorant won’t install and provides solutions to fix the problem.
Why is Val not installing?
There can be several reasons why Valorant won’t install. Some common reasons include:
1. Lack of permissions to install the game
2. Antivirus blocking the installation
3. Outdated game patch
4. Technical issues with computer or network settings
How To Fix Valorant Won’t Install?
If Valorant won’t install on your computer, there are several solutions you can try to resolve the issue. Here are four potential fixes:
1. Update your Network Driver:
Updating your network drivers can create a stable and secure network environment, reducing the chances of Valorant not installing. To update your network drivers, follow these steps:
1. Click the Start button and select “Device Manager” from the search results.
2. In the Device Manager window, locate the “Network adapters” drop-down menu.
3. Choose the appropriate Network Adapter from the list.
4. Right-click on the selected adapter and choose “Update Driver Software.”
5. Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.”
6. Follow the instructions provided on the following screens to complete the updating process.
7. Restart your computer to apply the changes.
Alternatively, you can use a third-party tool like Outbyte Driver Updater to fix broken drivers and find the best driver for your PC automatically.
2. Uninstall Vanguard:
Riot Games relies on the Vanguard anti-cheat system for their games. If Vanguard is missing or not functioning correctly, Valorant won’t install even if the game files are present. To uninstall Vanguard, follow these steps:
1. Open the System Tray from the Taskbar.
2. Right-click on the Riot Vanguard icon.
3. Click on the “Exit Vanguard” option to stop the anti-cheat from running in the background.
4. Press the Windows key + E shortcut to open the File Explorer.
5. Go to (C:) Program Files and click on Riot Vanguard.
6. Click the uninstall file.
7. Relaunch the game to see if the problem is fixed.
3. Try switching to a different DNS:
Using a different DNS can sometimes improve the gaming experience. To switch to a different DNS, follow these steps:
1. Open Network Adapter Settings from Windows settings.
2. Right-click on the current network and choose “Properties.”
3. For IPv4, double-click “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and select “Use the following DNS server addresses.”
4. Enter the Preferred DNS server as 184.108.40.206 and the Alternate DNS server as 220.127.116.11.
5. For IPv6 (if applicable), double-click “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” and select “Use the following DNS server addresses.”
6. Enter the Preferred DNS server as: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and the Alternate DNS server as 2001:4860:4860::8844.
7. Save the changes and exit the network adapter properties.
8. Restart your PC to apply the new DNS settings.
9. Check if the issue with downloading updates and internet connection is resolved.
4. Set the priority for Riot Client to High:
Setting the priority of Riot Client to high in the Task Manager can improve its performance and increase the chances of Valorant installing correctly. Follow these steps to set the priority:
1. Open Task Manager.
2. Under the “Processes” tab, locate “Riot Client” and right-click on it.
3. Choose “Go to details.”
4. Find “RiotClientService.exe” in the “Details” tab.
5. Right-click on “RiotClientService.exe.”
6. Select “Set Priority” and choose “High.”
7. Close Task Manager and relaunch Riot Client.
By addressing common issues such as outdated network drivers, antivirus interference, and network settings, you can fix problems like Valorant won’t install. Remember to update network drivers, uninstall Vanguard if necessary, switch to a different DNS, and prioritize Riot Client in Task Manager for optimal results. With these solutions, you can ensure a seamless and enjoyable gaming experience.