Best Troubleshooting Guide: How to Fix It
How to Fix Thronefall Crashing Issues: A Guide
Thronefall, a minimalist strategy tower defense game, is a popular choice among gamers. However, some players may experience crashing issues while playing the game. This article aims to provide solutions to fix Thronefall crashing problems on a PC.
Common Reasons for Thronefall Crashing
There are several common reasons why Thronefall may crash on your PC. These include:
1. Missing or Corrupted Library Files: If the required game components are missing or corrupted, Thronefall may crash.
2. Problematic Game Files: The installation folder’s required files may be altered, deleted, or corrupted, leading to crashes.
3. Third-Party Apps: Security programs, game boosters, or other similar applications can also cause crashes in Thronefall.
4. Driver Issues: Problems with the GPU driver can be a reason for the game to stop working on your computer.
Before attempting the main solutions, it’s essential to ensure that your PC’s specifications meet the system requirements of Thronefall. Additionally, you should:
1. Disable your antivirus and firewall temporarily to check if they are causing the crashing issue.
2. Enable the game and high-performance mode from the Windows Settings.
3. Update the DirectX runtime.
Main Solutions to Fix Thronefall Crashing
Here are the main solutions you can try to resolve Thronefall crashing issues:
1. Update GPU Driver: Updating the graphics card driver is the most effective step to prevent Thronefall from crashing. Press Win + X, go to Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right-click on your graphics card, and choose Update driver. Select search automatically for drivers and complete the process. Restart Windows for the changes to take effect. Alternatively, you can use Outbyte Driver Updater, a tool that automatically updates drivers for better gaming performance.
2. Disable Fullscreen Optimization: Open Steam, go to Library, right-click on Thronefall, click on Browse local files, right-click on the EXE file, click on Properties, and check Disabled fullscreen optimization. Click Apply and OK.
3. Disable In-Game Overlay: Sometimes, the overlay feature of Steam or GeForce Experience may trigger crashing problems. To disable it in Steam, go to Steam Settings, navigate to the In-game tab, untick Enable the Steam overlay while in-game, and click OK. If you have GeForce Experience, disable the overlay feature from there too.
4. Install Missing Visual C++ Packages: Visit the Visual C++ package download page, download the library, install it, and restart your PC.
If the crashing problem persists, you can try the following additional solutions:
1. Repair Game Files: Use the game’s repair function to ensure the integrity of the files.
2. Run Thronefall in Clean Boot: Start your PC in a clean boot state to eliminate conflicts with other software.
3. Re-install Graphics Driver: Uninstall the graphics driver and then reinstall it.
4. Re-install the Game: If all else fails, try re-installing the game on a different drive.
By following the above solutions, you can easily resolve Thronefall crashing issues on your PC. It is also important to keep all related components up to date to prevent future problems. If you have any questions or encounter any issues while playing your favorite games, feel free to contact our support team for assistance. We are dedicated to ensuring your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.