Baldur’s Gate 3: How to Prevent 100% SSD Usage
3 Possible Fixes for Baldur’s Gate 3 100% SSD Usage
Baldur’s Gate 3 is a popular game that requires a significant amount of storage space on your PC to run smoothly. However, some players have reported experiencing a problem where the game uses 100% of their SSD, leading to crashes and freezes during gameplay. In this article, we will discuss three possible fixes for this issue.
Fix 1: Free up space
The simplest solution to the Baldur’s Gate 3 100% SSD usage problem is to free up space on your SSD. It is recommended to have at least 10% to 30% of free space on your SSD for optimal performance. You can do this by deleting temporary files and uninstalling unused applications and files. To free up space on your SSD, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings by searching for it in the Windows search bar.
2. Select System and then Storage.
3. On the right pane, select View storage usage on other drives.
4. Choose your SSD drive and select the temporary files tab.
5. Click on Remove to delete temporary files and free up space on your SSD.
Fix 2: Disable automatic updates and downloads
Another way to prevent Baldur’s Gate 3 from using up 100% of your SSD is to disable automatic updates and downloads. These processes require storage space, and if your PC does not have enough space, the game will use up the limited space for new downloads and updates. To disable automatic updates and downloads, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + R to open the run box.
2. Type services.msc and click OK.
3. Scroll down to Windows Update and double-click it to open the context menu.
4. In the Startup type category, select Disabled from the dropdown menu.
5. Click OK to save the changes.
Fix 3: Change the download location
If the default download drive on your PC is full or does not have enough space, you can try changing the download location to another drive. Many PCs store all downloaded files in one drive, which can become full and leave other drives with unused storage space. To change the download location for files on your PC, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the Windows start button and select File Explorer.
2. On the left pane, right-click the Download tab and select Properties.
3. Click on the Location tab at the top of the context menu.
4. Navigate to Move and select another drive to store your downloaded files.
5. Click OK to save the changes.
Fix 4: Throttle download speed in Steam
Some users have reported that throttling the download speed in Steam can fix the Baldur’s Gate 3 100% SSD usage issue. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Launch Steam on your PC and select Steam from the top left corner.
2. Go to Settings and navigate to the Download tab.
3. Under Download Restrictions, check the box next to Throttle downloads while streaming.
4. Click OK to save the changes.
Experiencing 100% SSD usage while playing Baldur’s Gate 3 can be frustrating and hinder your gaming experience. However, by following the steps outlined above, you can free up space, disable automatic updates and downloads, change the download location, and throttle download speed in Steam to resolve this issue. If you continue to experience issues or need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact our support team. We are dedicated to ensuring your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.