Fixing Crashes and Other Problems: A Step-by-Step Guide
Heading 3: How to Fix Common Issues in Football Manager 2017
Football Manager 2017 is a popular game, but many players have been experiencing issues that are making the game unplayable. Common problems include crashes, game not starting, black screen, and out of memory errors. In this article, we will provide solutions and workarounds for these issues.
#1 Football Manager 2017 Crashes
One of the most common issues reported by players is frequent game crashes. These crashes can occur at startup or randomly while playing a match, causing players to lose their progress. To fix this issue, try the following:
– Remove any custom graphics, logos, or skins that you have installed.
– Update your graphics card drivers using a trusted tool like Outbyte Driver Updater.
– If you have a laptop with dual graphics cards, make sure they are configured correctly.
– Check if your antivirus is interfering with the game and disable it if necessary.
– Make sure your Windows updates, DirectX, and Net Framework are up to date.
If these steps don’t solve the problem, you can apply a patch to your game. Details on how to do this can be found at the end of this article.
#2 Out of Memory Error
Some players may encounter an out of memory error while loading the game. This can be caused by a corrupted save file or if the game was force closed. To fix this issue:
– Remove any custom graphics, logos, and add-ons temporarily.
– Delete the cache and preference files.
– Verify the game cache through the game’s options menu.
If the issue persists, go to the “Add/Remove Leagues” screen in the game and check the number of players loading. If it exceeds the recommended amount for your system, you may need to reduce the number of loaded players.
#3 FM 17 Won’t Start
If you’re unable to start the game and nothing happens when you click the “Play” button in the Steam library, try the following workaround:
– Go to the game’s installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2017).
– Right-click on FM.exe and select “Run as Administrator.”
If this doesn’t work, you can apply a patch to fix the issue.
#4 Football Manager 17 Black Screen
To fix the black screen issue, follow these steps:
– Open Steam and go to your Games Library.
– Right-click on Football Manager 2017 and select “Properties” -> “General” -> “Set Launch Options.”
– In the box, type “-no_exclusive_fullscreen” and click OK.
– Launch FM17 through Steam.
This should enable the game to launch in maximum borderless windowed mode and resolve the black screen issue.
If you’re still experiencing issues or need assistance with applying the patch, feel free to comment below, and our team will help you as soon as possible.
In conclusion, these are some of the common issues faced by Football Manager 2017 players and their corresponding solutions. By following these steps, you can hopefully resolve any problems and enjoy your gaming experience. If you require further support, don’t hesitate to contact our team for assistance.