## Restoring Functionality: Tips for Making it Work Again
Heading 3: Fixing the No Man’s Sky Controller Not Working Issue
No Man’s Sky, a popular survival video game, has recently released an update that has caused issues with the game controller not working for many players. This issue is serious, as the game cannot be played on a PC without a controller or gamepad. If you are experiencing this problem, there are several possible workarounds that may help fix it.
First, it is important to understand why your controller may have stopped working. This issue can occur when your PC does not recognize or detect the controller connected to it, whether it is wired or wireless. This may be due to wrong inputs being registered or no button registration at all. Additionally, the controller settings on your PC may be incompatible with the updated game controller settings, causing the controller to stop working. The game’s input layout may also be incorrect, leading to controller issues.
To address these problems and get your controller working on No Man’s Sky, you can follow the steps below.
1. Update your system software, including Windows, to ensure compatibility.
2. Restart your PC to remove software bugs and glitches triggering errors.
3. Restart No Man’s Sky to refresh the system.
1. Reconnect your controller: Turn off and unplug your controller from your PC, then reconnect and test it to see if it works.
2. Update your Controller Driver: Your controller driver might be outdated or faulty, so updating it can solve the problem. You can do this manually through Device Manager or use a driver updating tool like Outbyte Driver Updater.
3. Set controller input to default: Launch No Man’s Sky, go to Controller Layout, select the Official Configuration for No Man’s Sky, and apply the layout. Relaunch the game to see if the controller works.
4. Uncheck the controller in the game settings: In Steam settings, uncheck the controller in Controller General Settings. Restart the Steam client and launch No Man’s Sky to see if the controller works.
5. Disable Steam Input: In No Man’s Sky’s Properties menu, select Use default settings and choose Disable Steam Input. Relaunch the game to test the controller.
6. Unplug all other external peripherals: Disconnect any other peripherals, such as a mouse and keyboard, before connecting your controller.
Additional fixes that have worked for gamers include launching Steam in Big Picture Mode, using Steam Input per-game settings as Forced On or Forced Off, and switching from a wireless to a wired controller.
In conclusion, the No Man’s Sky controller not working issue can be resolved by following the above fixes. If you encounter any further issues or errors while playing your favorite games, you can always contact support for assistance.