Welcome to this tutorial that elucidates the potential uses of the Thaen Seed in Remnant 2 and offers insights into the implications of the decisions you make in this context.
Stay updated on the latest gaming tutorials, uncover error codes, how to fix, full guides, tips and tricks, and gain valuable insights by exploring engaging and informative articles at MacroGamer.
The Mysterious Thaen Seed
Opening the Ornate Lockbox in Remnant 2 rewards you with a quest item known as the Thaen Seed. It presents two unique uses, which may not be explicitly outlined within the game, leading to some perplexity amongst players. This guide aims to dispel any confusion and shed light on the various ways to exploit the Thaen Seed in Remnant 2.
— The Outerhaven (@TheOuterHaven) July 23, 2023
Remnant 2: What to Do with Thaen Seed Quick steps | Two Main Paths
Path 1: Trading with the Eternal Empress
The first option for those who have obtained the Thaen Seed is to offer it to the Eternal Empress, an NPC residing on Yaesha’s Red Throne map. Choosing this path grants you the Burden of Rebel ring, which diminishes Skill Cooldowns by 15% at the expense of a 25% reduction in Relic Use Speed when equipped.
You may also read: Remnant 2 Weapons Tier List
Path 2: Planting the Seed in Ward 13
An alternative use of the Thaen Seed involves sowing it in the garden at Ward 13, leading to the growth of a distinctive tree. This tree bears Thaen Fruit, a valuable consumable that revives fallen Remnant 2 heroes and provides temporary immunity to status effects post-death.
It’s noteworthy to mention that the type of Thaen Fruit received depends on the duration the fruit is left on the tree. Specifically:
- Plucking the fruit instantly yields a Mature Thaen Fruit.
- Waiting before harvesting results in an Elder Thaen Fruit.
- Delaying the harvest further produces a Celestial Thaen Fruit.
All three variants possess similar effects, although the power escalates as the fruit ages:
- Mature Thaen Fruit: Revive with 30% health. Immune to status effects for 30 seconds.
- Elder Thaen Fruit: Revive with 40% health. Immune to status effects for 30 seconds.
- Celestial Thaen Fruit: Revive with 50% health. Immune to status effects for 30 seconds.
Final Thoughts: Making the Right Decision
Planting the Thaen Seed appears to be the more favorable option, given the moderate benefits of the Burden of the Rebel ring. However, those seeking to focus on reducing Skill Cooldowns may prefer to offer the seed to the Eternal Empress. It’s also possible to gain a distinct reward by providing the Ornate Lockbox to the NPC without extracting the seed—a choice you might want to explore in Adventure Mode or after rerolling your campaign.
Additional Steps | Very Simple and Short Steps Quick Solution
- Obtain the Thaen Seed: Open the Ornate Lockbox in Remnant 2 to get the Thaen Seed.
- Decide between Two Options:2.1. Trade with the Eternal Empress: Locate the Eternal Empress on Yaesha’s Red Throne map and offer her the Thaen Seed to receive the Burden of Rebel ring. This ring reduces Skill Cooldowns by 15% but slows Relic Use Speed by 25%.2.2. Plant the Seed in Ward 13: Sow the Thaen Seed in the garden at Ward 13. It will grow into a tree that bears Thaen Fruits over time.
- Harvest the Thaen Fruits: There are three types of Thaen Fruits, and the type you get depends on when you harvest:3.1. Mature Thaen Fruit: Harvest immediately after the fruit appears.3.2. Elder Thaen Fruit: Wait before harvesting.
3.3. Celestial Thaen Fruit: Delay the harvest further.
- Use the Thaen Fruits: Each Thaen Fruit revives your character with increased health and provides temporary immunity to status effects. The potency increases with the fruit’s age.
- Alternate Choice: You can choose to give the Ornate Lockbox (with the seed inside) to the NPC for a different reward. This option can be explored in Adventure Mode or after rerolling your campaign.
Remember, Remnant 2 will be available from July 25 for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X. Enjoy your journey in the game, and harness the full potential of the Thaen Seed!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the Thaen Seed in Remnant 2? The Thaen Seed is a quest item in Remnant 2. It is obtained by opening the Ornate Lockbox and can be used in two ways—trading with the Eternal Empress or planting it in Ward 13.
- What happens when I trade the Thaen Seed with the Eternal Empress? If you trade the Thaen Seed with the Eternal Empress, an NPC found on Yaesha’s Red Throne map, you will receive the Burden of Rebel ring. This ring reduces Skill Cooldowns by 15% but also slows down Relic Use Speed by 25%.
- What happens when I plant the Thaen Seed in Ward 13? When you plant the Thaen Seed in the garden at Ward 13, it grows into a special tree that produces Thaen Fruits. These fruits revive your character with an increased percentage of health and provide temporary immunity to status effects.
- What are the different types of Thaen Fruits in Remnant 2? There are three types of Thaen Fruits in Remnant 2—Mature, Elder, and Celestial. The type you receive depends on how long you leave the fruit on the tree. While all three types have similar effects, their potency increases as the fruit ages.
- Is there an alternate use for the Ornate Lockbox in Remnant 2? Yes, instead of extracting the Thaen Seed, you can choose to give the Ornate Lockbox to the NPC for a different reward. This option can be explored in Adventure Mode or after rerolling your campaign.