Quick Fix for Steam Deck Stuck on Loading Screen
Steam Deck Stuck on Loading Screen: Here’s the Easy Way to Fix
The Steam Deck is a popular mini-gaming console that allows users to play modern AAA titles. However, some users have experienced issues with the device getting stuck on the loading screen or boot logo. This article provides effective methods to solve this problem.
Reasons for Steam Deck Stuck on Loading Screen
There are several reasons why your Steam Deck may be stuck on the loading screen:
1. Outdated or problematic firmware: An obsolete firmware version or a bug in the latest firmware can cause this issue.
2. Physical damage: If the console has been physically damaged, it may lead to a loading screen problem.
3. Temporary failure: Sometimes, the loading screen issue may be temporary and can be resolved with a simple restart.
4. Power-related problem: Improper charging or battery-related issues can cause the Steam Deck to get stuck while loading.
Methods to Fix Steam Deck Stuck on Loading Screen
Before trying the methods mentioned below, make sure to check the physical condition of the Steam Deck and ensure that the battery is in good condition. Additionally, keep a USB-C adapter, a 16 GB Pendrive, and a PC or Mac handy as they may be required for troubleshooting.
1. Force restart: Press and hold the power button for 12 seconds or until the Steam Deck shuts down. Then, press and hold the power button again for two seconds. If the issue persists after a force restart, check for firmware updates in the Settings menu and complete the update process.
2. Power cycle Steam Deck: Turn off the Steam Deck, unplug the power cable, and disconnect any external devices. Restart the device and check if it resolves the loading screen problem.
3. Charge it properly: Ensure that the Steam Deck is charged properly and try again. Sometimes, the issue may arise due to improper charging.
4. Reimage the SteamOS: Download SteamOS from the official website and create a bootable USB using a tool like Rufus. Connect the Pendrive to the Steam Deck using a USB-C adapter and follow the steps mentioned in the article to reimage the SteamOS.
5. Disable Use as Wake Movie: Disabling the “Use as Wake Movie” setting in the Steam Deck customization options may solve the loading screen issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to disable this setting.
6. Contact Steam Support: If none of the above methods work, it is recommended to contact Steam Deck support for further assistance. They can help resolve any serious issues that you may not be able to fix on your own.
These methods should effectively resolve the Steam Deck stuck on loading screen problem. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comment box.