Making It Work: A Guide
## How to Fix the Rocket League Controller Not Working Issue
If you’re a fan of Rocket League and your controller is not working properly, you’re not alone. Many users have reported that their controllers don’t function properly when playing Rocket League via Steam on their PCs. This can be frustrating, especially when you just want to enjoy this exciting vehicle soccer video game. Fortunately, there are a few solutions that may help fix the problem and ensure your controller works correctly.
### Why does my controller not work in Rocket League?
There are several factors that may cause the Rocket League controller not working issue. These include:
1. Enabled Steam input game: If the Steam input game is forced on, the controller may not work properly.
2. Corrupt Steam firmware: If the controller’s firmware is corrupt, damaged, or faulty, it may fail to work during gameplay.
3. Incorrect Steam controller settings: If the Steam controller settings are not correctly configured, you may encounter controller issues while playing.
4. Issues with controller drivers: Outdated, corrupt, or missing PC controller drivers can prevent your controller from functioning correctly.
5. Controller detection problems: Rocket League may not support, detect, and recognize certain low-generic controllers, causing them to not work during gameplay.
6. Another device detected as a controller: If your PC recognizes another device, such as headphones, as the controller, your PS4 or Xbox One controller may not work.
### How do I fix the Rocket League controller not working?
If you’re experiencing the Rocket League controller not working issue, here are a few fixes you can try:
#### 1. Modify the Big Picture Setting
#### 2. Recover Steam controller firmware
If your controller’s firmware is corrupt or missing, you can fix it by recovering the Steam controller firmware. Here’s how:
1. Open Steam from the Windows Search bar.
2. Click on Steam in the top left corner and select Settings.
3. Choose Controller and select General Controller Settings.
4. A pop-up screen will appear. Select Recover Steam Controller Firmware.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
6. Launch Rocket League to see if the issue is resolved.
#### 3. Install your controller correctly
If your controller is not installed correctly, it won’t work during gameplay. To check if your controller is installed correctly, follow these steps:
1. Right-click the Start Menu and select Device Manager.
2. Double-click Sound, audio, and video game controllers to expand the category.
3. Check if your PS4 controller is listed. If it is, then your controller is installed correctly.
4. If it’s not on the list, unplug your PS4 controller and plug it back into a different port.
5. Let Windows install the driver and then restart your PC to save the changes.
#### 4. Force Rocket League to use Steam Input
According to online forums, forcing Rocket League to use Steam Input can help fix the controller not working issues. Here’s how:
1. Open Steam on your desktop and launch Rocket League.
2. Go to Options, select Controls, and click the Use Steam Input tab.
3. Choose your Xbox One Controller from the list and set it to Auto.
4. Restart Rocket League and test if the controller now works.
The Rocket League controller not working issue can be frustrating, but with these solutions, you should be able to get your controller working properly. Remember to modify the Big Picture Setting, recover Steam controller firmware, install your controller correctly, and force Rocket League to use Steam Input. If you encounter any other issues or errors while playing your favorite games, feel free to contact us for support. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.