## Resolving Destiny 2 Error Code Guitar: Step-by-Step Guide
### How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Guitar: A Step-by-Step Guide
Destiny 2 is a popular online multiplayer game, but it can be frustrating when you encounter errors like the error code Guitar. This error can occur for various reasons, including too many items on the ground, server maintenance, network issues, outdated drivers, or corrupted game files. In this guide, we will provide step-by-step solutions to help you fix the Destiny 2 error code Guitar and get back to enjoying your gaming experience.
#### Quick Checks and Fixes
Before diving into the solutions, here are a few quick checks and fixes you can try:
1. Check for maintenance notices: Visit the official Bungie Twitter profile to see if there are any announcements regarding server maintenance. Sometimes, the error code Guitar can be caused by ongoing maintenance.
2. Pick up items from the ground: If the error is occurring due to too many items on the ground, try picking them up to reduce the chances of the error happening.
3. Restart network devices: Temporary network issues can also cause the error. Try restarting your router and modem by pressing the restart button on the devices’ back side.
#### Solution 1: Clear the Game Launcher Cache
Both Steam and Epic Games store specific types of cache files that can contribute to the error code Guitar. Here’s how to clear the cache for both platforms:
For Steam users:
1. Click on the Windows icon, type “Steam,” and open the application.
2. In the top menu, click on “Steam” and select “Settings.”
3. Go to the “Downloads” tab and click on the “Clear download cache” button.
4. Restart your PC.
For Epic Games users:
1. Use the Windows Key + R shortcut to open the Run dialog.
2. Type “%localappdata%” (without quotes) and hit OK.
3. Open the “EpicGamesLauncher” folder and then the “Saved” folder.
4. Locate the folder named “webcache_xxxx” (with random numbers) and delete it.
#### Solution 2: Update the Network Driver
If the error code Guitar is caused by a network-related issue, updating the network driver can help resolve it. Here’s how to update the network driver:
1. Click on the Windows icon, type “Device Manager,” and open it.
2. Double-click on “Network Adapters.”
3. Right-click on your internet adapter and select “Update driver.”
4. Choose the option to search automatically for drivers.
5. Install the driver update.
6. Restart your PC.
Alternatively, you can use a driver updater tool like Outbyte Driver Updater to automate the driver update process and ensure your drivers are always up to date.
#### Solution 3: Verify Game Files
Corrupted game files can also contribute to the error code Guitar. You can verify the game files using the following steps:
For Steam users:
1. Launch Steam and go to the Library.
2. Right-click on Destiny 2 and select Properties.
3. Go to the “Local Files” tab and click on “Verify integrity of game files.”
For Epic Games users:
1. Open the Epic Games Launcher and navigate to the Library.
2. Find Destiny 2, click the three vertical dots, and select “Manage.”
3. Click the “Verify” button.
#### Additional Steps and Resources
If the above solutions don’t resolve the Destiny 2 error code Guitar, there are a few additional steps you can try:
– Update Windows: Outdated components can cause network-related issues. Click on the Windows icon and type “Check for updates” to ensure your system is up to date.
– Use an alternative network: If your home network is causing issues, try connecting to an alternative network, preferably via Ethernet, and see if the error persists.
– Reinstall Destiny 2: If all else fails, you can try uninstalling the game and any associated files, restart your PC, and reinstall Destiny 2 using the game distribution platform you initially used.
Remember, if you still encounter the error or need further assistance, you can reach out to the support team for help. They are always ready to ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
In conclusion, the Destiny 2 error code Guitar can be frustrating, but by following these step-by-step solutions and performing quick checks and fixes, you can get back to playing the game without interruptions. Remember to keep your drivers up to date and periodically check for updates to ensure optimal performance.