Why and How to Fix Guide
XINSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
Crashing issues can be a nightmare for gamers, and Hogwarts Legacy is no exception. Many players have experienced random crashes while playing this game, but don’t worry, you’re not alone. In this article, we’ll explore some possible reasons behind the crashes and provide solutions to fix them.
Why does Hogwarts Legacy keep crashing?
There are several reasons why Hogwarts Legacy may be crashing on your PC. Here are some common causes:
1. System requirement problem: If your computer doesn’t meet the required system specifications for the game, it may crash at startup or during gameplay.
2. Outdated graphics card driver: An outdated GPU driver is a common problem that can cause crashes in high-end games.
3. Very old GPU: Some graphics cards may not perform well even with the latest driver if they are too old.
4. Compatibility problem: If Hogwarts Legacy has compatibility issues with your operating system, it can result in unexpected crashing.
5. Corrupted game files: Missing or corrupted game components can cause the game to crash.
6. Third-party app or service: Background processes or services that interfere with the gameplay can also lead to crashes.
How to fix Hogwarts Legacy crashing?
Now let’s dive into some solutions to fix the crashing issues in Hogwarts Legacy:
1. Update graphics card driver: Updating your GPU driver is an essential step in fixing crashing problems. You can do this by opening the Device Manager, finding and expanding the Display adapters, right-clicking on your graphics card, and selecting “Update driver.” Alternatively, you can use a third-party tool like Outbyte Driver Updater for easier and more efficient driver updates.
2. Disable unnecessary background processes: To give the game more system resources and reduce interference from third-party services, disable unnecessary background tasks in the Task Manager.
3. Run the game as an administrator: Launch the game with administrative rights by right-clicking on the game’s executable file, going to properties, navigating to the Compatibility tab, and ticking the “Run this program as an administrator” option.
4. Verify the game files: If you’re using Steam, right-click on Hogwarts Legacy, go to Properties, navigate to the Local files tab, and click on “Verify integrity of game files.” This will check for any corrupted or missing game files.
5. Clean boot: Boot your PC into a clean boot state to disable third-party services that may be interfering with the game. To do this, open the Run dialog, type “msconfig,” go to the Services tab, check “Hide all Microsoft Services,” click on “Disable all,” and restart your computer.
6. Disable ray-tracing: If you have ray-tracing enabled and the game crashes, try disabling it by editing the GameUserSettings.ini file in the game’s directory and setting all the RayTracing options to “False.”
7. Disable over-clocking on your GPU: If you have over-clocked your GPU, revert it to default settings to ensure stability during gameplay.
8. Enable/disable V-sync: Experiment with enabling or disabling V-sync in your graphics settings to see if it resolves the crashing problem.
Before applying these methods, make sure your PC meets the recommended or minimum system requirements, update Windows to the latest version, free up enough disk space, temporarily disable your antivirus, and close background apps.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix the crashing issues in Hogwarts Legacy and enjoy a smooth gaming experience.