Fixing the Lack of DirectX 12 Support in Remnant 2
Title: How to Fix Remnant 2 DirectX Error: Troubleshooting Guide
Remnant II is a popular dark action-adventure game that has received positive reviews from gamers. However, some players may encounter DirectX 12 not supported error while playing the game. This article provides detailed information on the causes of DirectX errors in Remnant II and offers possible solutions to resolve the issue.
Causes of DirectX Errors in Remnant II
1. Outdated GPU driver: An outdated or problematic NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel graphics card driver can cause DirectX 12 not supported error.
2. Incapable hardware: If your PC does not meet the recommended hardware requirements or if your GPU is outdated, you may encounter this problem.
3. Outdated game components: If any of the required game components on your PC are corrupted or problematic, Remnant II may throw a DirectX error.
Solutions for Remnant 2 DirectX Error
Before attempting any major fixes, it is essential to ensure that your PC meets the system requirements for Remnant II. Here are some troubleshooting methods to resolve the unsupported DirectX error:
1. Update the graphics driver
– Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
– Expand Display adapters.
– Right-click on the GPU and choose Update driver.
– Select “Search automatically for drivers.”
– Complete the update and restart Windows.
Alternatively, you can use Outbyte Driver Updater, which is a powerful tool for updating drivers that can improve gaming performance and stability.
2. Tweak the launch option
– Launch Steam or the game launcher you are using.
– Go to the game library and right-click on Remnant II.
– Click on Properties and navigate to the General tab.
– Type “-force -dx12” and click on Close.
– Relaunch the game.
Note: If you use Epic Games Launcher, use the mentioned commands in the Additional Command Line Arguments section.
3. Update Windows
– Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
– Go to the Windows Update tab and click on Check for updates.
– Complete the update and restart your PC.
4. Reinstall the game-ready display driver
– Open Device Manager and double-click on Display Adapters.
– Right-click on the GPU driver and select Uninstall.
– Tick “Attempt to remove the driver for this device” and click on Uninstall.
– Restart Windows.
– Visit the AMD, Intel, or NVIDIA driver download site and select your GPU model.
– Download and install the driver, then restart your computer.
The reinstallation steps are similar for Intel Arc or AMD GPU users.
5. Reinstall the game to a different drive
– Open your game launcher app (e.g., Steam).
– Navigate to the game library and right-click on Remnant II, then click on Uninstall.
– After uninstalling, click on the Install button for the game again.
– Select the system drive (C) as the installation location and proceed with the installation.
– Repair corrupted system files.
– Reset Windows if necessary.
By following the troubleshooting methods mentioned above, you can resolve the DirectX 12 error in Remnant II and enjoy a seamless gaming experience. It is recommended to keep your GPU driver and other components updated to minimize the chances of encountering such issues. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to contact our support team.