Step-by-Step Guide: Connecting PS5 Controller to Steam Deck
Connecting a PS5 Controller to the Steam Deck: A Step-by-Step Guide
One of the major advantages of the Steam Deck is its compatibility with external controllers, giving PC gamers the freedom to enjoy their favorite games on a handheld console. While the Steam Deck comes with its own set of controls, such as thumbsticks and buttons, some users may prefer the familiarity and comfort of using a PS5 controller. This guide will show you how to easily connect a PS5 DualSense controller to your Steam Deck, allowing you to enhance your gaming experience on the go.
What Controllers Can You Use With the Steam Deck?
The Steam Deck supports a wide range of controllers that can be connected through Bluetooth. However, if you decide to use a PS5 DualSense controller, it’s important to note that not all features, such as haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, may be compatible with Steam games. Nevertheless, if you prefer using a controller instead of a keyboard and mouse, the PS5 DualSense controller is a great choice.
How to Connect a PS5 Controller to the Steam Deck?
Connecting your PS5 DualSense controller to the Steam Deck is a simple and straightforward process. Follow the steps below to pair them swiftly and effortlessly:
1. Press the Steam button on your Steam Deck to access the Steam Deck menu.
2. Tap on Settings from the menu options.
3. Navigate to Bluetooth in the left pane and ensure that Bluetooth is toggled ON.
4. Activate the PS5 controller’s Bluetooth feature by simultaneously pressing the PlayStation and Create buttons on the controller until it starts blinking blue.
5. Select DualSense Wireless Controller from the Bluetooth settings on the Steam Deck and press the A button.
6. Congratulations! Your PS5 DualSense controller is now successfully paired with your Steam Deck and ready for gaming.
How to Troubleshoot PS5 Controller Connectivity Issues?
If your PS5 controller is not working or keeps disconnecting from the Steam Deck, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
1. Check the battery level and the quality of the cable connection between the Steam Deck Dock and the controller.
2. Examine the charging cable of your PS5 controller. If the cable is damaged, it may cause the controller to fail to charge correctly, leading to issues like the controller not working or disconnecting.
3. Make sure that your Steam Deck is up to date. Press the Steam button on your Steam Deck, go to Settings > System > Software Update, and check for any available updates.
4. Reset the PS5 controller by using a paper clip or pin to press and hold down the reset button at the back of the controller for five seconds. Afterward, try reconnecting the controller to the Steam Deck.
5. If all else fails, you can restart your Steam Deck by pressing and holding the Power button for 12 seconds and then pressing it again to turn on the device.
In conclusion, connecting a PS5 controller to your Steam Deck can greatly enhance your gaming experience, granting you the flexibility and comfort of using a familiar controller. Despite some compatibility limitations, the PS5 DualSense controller is still a great choice for playing Steam games on the go. By following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you’ll be able to pair your PS5 controller with your Steam Deck in no time. If you encounter any issues or require further assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to Steam Deck support. Keep enjoying your favorite games and happy gaming!