How to Resolve Destiny 2 Lightfall Loading Screen Stuck Issue
Fixing Destiny 2 Lightfall Stuck on Loading Screen Issue
Destiny 2 Lightfall is a popular sci-fi first-person shooter game that many gamers were eagerly waiting for. However, after installing the new DLC, players have been facing issues with the game not loading and being stuck on the loading screen. This can be frustrating, especially considering that the DLC is not free to play. In this article, we will discuss the possible reasons for this issue and provide methods to fix it.
Possible Reasons for Destiny 2 Lightfall Loading Screen Issue
1. System Requirements: If your PC does not meet the recommended specifications for the game, it may have difficulty loading or may not load at all.
2. Disk Problem: Installing the game on a slow HDD or having disk issues can cause loading problems and lead to the game becoming stuck.
3. Graphics Driver Issues: A problematic graphics driver can prevent necessary elements from loading on the GPU memory, resulting in loading issues or crashes.
4. Corrupted Game Components: Missing or corrupted game components can cause the game to get stuck on the loading screen.
5. Third-Party Services: Certain third-party services like antivirus and firewall programs may interfere with the game and cause loading issues.
Methods to Fix Destiny 2 Lightfall Stuck on Loading Screen Issue
1. Run as Administrator: Running the game as an administrator can help it surpass system limitations and run more operations. To do this, open Steam or Epic Games Launcher, go to the game library, right-click on Destiny 2, click on Browse local files, right-click on Destiny 2’s EXE file, go to Properties, navigate to the Compatibility tab, and check Run this program as an administrator.
2. Update Graphics Card Driver: Outdated or faulty graphics drivers can cause loading screen issues. To update the graphics card driver, open the Device Manager by pressing Win + X on the keyboard, find Display adapters and expand it, right-click on the display driver, choose Update driver, and select Search automatically for drivers to complete the process. You can also use a tool like Outbyte Driver Updater to automatically scan for and update outdated drivers.
3. Reduce Background Services: Closing unnecessary background processes can free up system resources and improve game performance. Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + Shift + Esc on the keyboard, go to the Processes tab, select the process you want to disable, and click on End Task. Disable any non-essential processes to reduce interference with Destiny 2.
4. Repair Game Files: Missing or corrupted game files can cause conflicts and prevent the game from working properly. To repair game files, go to your Steam game library, right-click on Destiny 2, go to Properties, go to the Local Files tab, and click on Verify integrity of game files. Steam will scan and repair the game files.
5. Update Destiny 2 Lightfall: Updating the game to the latest version can fix bugs and improve performance. In the Steam game library, go to Destiny 2’s properties, navigate to the Updates tab, click on the dropdown icon of Automatic Updates, and choose High Priority – Always auto-update this game before others. Relaunch Steam.
6. Repair Disk Issues: Use the CHKDSK (Check Disk) tool to check and repair possible file system errors on your hard drive. Right-click on the disk drive where you have installed Destiny 2, go to its Properties, navigate to the Tools tab, click on Check, and then on Scan drive. Allow the tool to finish scanning and repairing the disk.
If the freezing issues on the loading screen persist, try the following additional methods:
1. Delete local game data.
2. Uninstall apps like antivirus, firewall, and game booster.
3. Free up disk space in the drive where the game is installed.
4. Reinstall the game and the Lightfall DLC.
5. Update Windows to the latest version.
If you are experiencing the Destiny 2 Lightfall stuck on the loading screen issue, you can try the mentioned methods to resolve it. Remember to always ensure your PC meets the system requirements and keep your drivers updated for a smooth gaming experience. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact the support team.