Fortnite, a colossal presence in the gaming industry, is not exempt from the common issues that afflict many games. These may come in the form of error codes or bugs, causing frustration when they impede gameplay. One such obstacle is the failed to download supervised settings error, leaving players pondering if there’s a remedy for this specific issue within Fortnite.
Many people have reported the issue on Twitter as you may find in the following tweet:
— Chantel (@C_tells_ya) September 30, 2022
How to Fix Failed to Download Supervised Settings Error in Fortnite
Step 1: Restart Your Internet Connection
The first step to resolving Failed to Download Supervised Settings error in Fortnite is to restart your internet connection. Whether you’re playing on a PC or a console, this simple action can often fix the issue. Follow these steps:
- On your PC, close Fortnite and any other applications that use the internet.
- On your console, exit Fortnite and return to the main menu.
- Restart your internet router or modem by unplugging it from the power source.
- Wait for a few minutes before plugging it back in.
- Once your internet connection is restored, launch Fortnite again to see if the error is resolved.
Step 2: Hard Reset Your Console or PC (If Needed)
If the error persists after restarting your internet connection, you may need to perform a hard reset on your gaming platform. Follow these steps based on your gaming platform:
For Console (PlayStation or Xbox):
- Turn off your console completely.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the console.
- Wait for a few minutes to ensure any residual power is drained.
- Plug the power cable back into the console.
- Turn on your console and launch Fortnite again.
- Save any unsaved work and close all applications.
- Shut down your PC completely.
- Unplug the power cable from the back of the PC or disconnect the laptop from its power source.
- Wait for a few minutes to allow any remaining power to dissipate.
- Reconnect the power cable or power up your laptop.
- Turn on your PC and launch Fortnite again.
Step 3: Restart Your Internet Connection (Optional)
As an extra precaution, consider restarting your internet connection once more after completing the hard reset. This ensures that any lingering connectivity issues are addressed before launching Fortnite.
By following these steps, you should be able to resolve Failed to Download Supervised Settings error in Fortnite. Now, you can get back to enjoying the exciting world of Fortnite without any hindrance.
FAQs about Failed to Download Supervised Settings Error in Fortnite
What is Failed to Download Supervised Settings error in Fortnite?
Failed to Download Supervised Settings error is a common issue that can occur while playing Fortnite. It may prevent players from accessing the game due to connectivity or configuration problems.
How do I fix Failed to Download Supervised Settings error?
To fix this error, you can start by restarting your internet connection on your PC or console. If the issue persists, a hard reset of your gaming platform might be necessary.
Does the Failed to Download Supervised Settings error affect all players?
While this error can affect all Fortnite players, it seems to be more frequent on consoles than on PC.
What should I do if restarting the internet connection doesn’t work?
If the error persists after restarting your internet connection, consider performing a hard reset of your PC or console. This involves unplugging the power source and waiting for a few minutes before restarting.
Can I play Fortnite again after fixing the error?
Yes, once you’ve successfully resolved the Failed to Download Supervised Settings error by following the provided steps, you should be able to play Fortnite without any further issues.