The Most Efficient Strategies to Resolve It
Fixing Baldur’s Gate 3 Not Saving Problem on PC
Baldur’s Gate 3 is a popular fantasy RPG that has received positive reviews since its release. However, some players are facing difficulties with the game, particularly when it comes to saving their progress. This article will provide solutions to the Baldur’s Gate 3 not saving problem.
Reasons for Baldur’s Gate 3 Not Saving
There are several common reasons why Baldur’s Gate 3 may not be able to save the game:
1. Network problem: If there is a connectivity issue or a problem with Steam cloud sync, the game may be unable to save and sync progress.
2. Internal bug: Being a relatively new game, Baldur’s Gate 3 may have known bugs that prevent saving.
3. Temporary glitch: Sometimes, the issue may be temporary and caused by problems on the player’s PC, the Steam client, or the game itself.
4. Problematic components: Problematic game files and components can also cause the game not to save.
In addition, third-party services such as antivirus programs and firewalls can interfere with the saving process.
Before attempting the main techniques, it is recommended to perform a few quick actions:
1. Disable antivirus and firewall: Temporarily disable these services to eliminate any interference.
2. Ensure a stable internet connection: Make sure there are no issues with your internet connection, and disable any proxy or VPN connections.
3. Run the game as an administrator: Right-click on the game’s shortcut or executable file and choose the “Run as administrator” option.
4. Power-cycle your devices: Restart your PC and internet router to refresh the system.
Now, let’s explore the solutions to the Baldur’s Gate 3 not saving problem:
1. Re-enable or turn off cloud sync
To resolve this issue, you can try turning off the cloud sync or re-enabling it. Follow these steps:
1. Open Steam and navigate to your game library.
2. Right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 and go to Properties.
3. Make sure you are on the General tab.
4. Toggle the switch off next to “Keep game saves in the Steam Cloud for Baldur’s Gate 3” in the Steam Cloud section.
5. Using File Explorer, locate the following directory: C:\Users\myUser\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3
6. Delete this folder.
7. Relaunch Steam.
If the issue recurs, repeat the above steps and leave the Steam Cloud feature disabled.
2. Turn off OneDrive
Some users have reported that disabling OneDrive on Windows 11 or 10 can help resolve the save game error in Baldur’s Gate 3. Follow these steps:
1. Press Win + X on your keyboard to open the Power Menu and go to Task Manager.
2. Go to the Startup Apps tab.
3. Select OneDrive and click on Disable.
4. Restart your PC.
3. Change DNS
Changing DNS settings can also help resolve the issue. Follow these steps:
1. Press Win + I to open Windows Settings.
2. Navigate to Network & internet and click on Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
3. Click on Edit next to DNS server assignment.
4. Select Manual and enable IPv4.
5. Set the DNS addresses as 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, then click on Save.
6. Restart Windows.
4. Reset network
Resetting network settings can sometimes fix the problem. Follow these steps:
1. Go to Windows Settings.
2. Navigate to Network & Internet and click on Advanced network settings.
3. Find the Network reset option.
4. Click on Reset now.
5. Restart your PC.
5. Update the game
Updating Baldur’s Gate 3 to the latest version can help resolve the save game issue. Follow these steps:
1. Go to the Steam game library.
2. Open Baldur’s Gate 3 Properties.
3. Navigate to the Updates tab.
4. Set Automatic Updates to High Priority.
5. Relaunch Steam.
After updating the game, launch Baldur’s Gate 3 and check if the save game feature is working properly.
If the problem persists, you can try the following additional methods:
1. Learn how to fix BG3 crashing if necessary.
2. Make sure that no third-party services are interfering with the game. Try playing the game in Clean Boot mode.
By following the troubleshooting methods provided in this article, you should be able to resolve the Baldur’s Gate 3 not saving problem. If you disabled the cloud sync, consider enabling it again after future game updates to see if the developer has addressed the bug. Always ensure that no third-party services are interfering with the game to prevent similar issues in the future.