## Fixing the Destiny 2 Vex Input Error Effortlessly
Heading 3: How to Fix Destiny 2 Vex Input Error
Destiny 2 Vex Input Error is a common issue that players encounter while playing the game. It displays the error message “vex input error. Resetting vex locked.” This error can disrupt the gaming experience and prevent players from enjoying activities related to Vex enemies in the game. Fortunately, there are several solutions to fix this problem.
Preliminary Fixes and Checks:
Before trying the specific solutions, it is recommended to perform some preliminary fixes and checks:
1. Check the official Bungie Website to ensure that the game servers are up and running.
2. Make sure that your Internet connection is stable and working correctly.
3. Restart the game and your devices.
4. Run a full antivirus scan on your PC to ensure that the game files are safe.
Solution 1: Disable UPnP On Your Router
The UPnP feature on your router can sometimes cause conflicts with Destiny 2. To fix the Vex Input error, you can try disabling UPnP. Here are the steps to do it:
1. Log in to your router’s settings using the login information and IP address.
2. Navigate to the “Advanced” or “Security” settings menu.
3. Disable UPnP by turning it off.
4. Save the changes and exit the router’s settings.
5. Restart your console or PC.
6. Launch Destiny 2 to see if the error has been resolved.
Solution 2: Verify Game Files
Verifying the game files through the Steam client can help identify any corrupted files or missing updates. Follow these steps:
1. Open the Steam app and go to your Game Library.
2. Select Destiny 2 and click on “Properties.”
3. Go to the “Local Files” tab.
4. Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
5. Wait for the process to complete and launch the game to check if the error still occurs.
Solution 3: Power Cycle Your Router
Power cycling your internet router can refresh the connection and potentially fix the Vex Input error. Here’s how to do it:
1. Press the power button on the back of your router to turn it off.
2. Remove the power cables from the router and the outlet.
3. Wait for 2-3 minutes.
4. Plug the power cables back into the router and the outlet.
5. Turn on your router.
6. Launch the game to check if the error still appears.
Solution 4: Clear Your Cache
Clearing the cache can eliminate outdated files and improve performance. Follow these steps:
1. Open the Steam app.
2. Go to the Settings menu.
3. Navigate to the Downloads tab and click on “Clear Download Cache.”
4. Close Steam and relaunch the app.
– If using consoles like PlayStation or Xbox, shut it down completely, unplug it from the power source, wait for 30 seconds, and then restart the console.
Solution 5: Change DNS
Changing the default DNS server provided by your ISP can improve connectivity and fix the Vex Input error. Here’s how to do it:
1. Press Win + I on the keyboard to open Windows Settings.
2. Navigate to the Network & Internet option.
3. Click on “Change Adapter Options” and select either Wi-Fi or Ethernet, depending on your connection.
4. Click on “Edit” next to the DNS server assignment.
5. Select “Manual.”
6. Enable either IPv4 or IPv6, depending on your DNS type.
7. Set the preferred DNS to 188.8.131.52 and the alternate DNS to 184.108.40.206, then click on “Save.”
8. Restart your PC.
In conclusion, the Destiny 2 Vex Input Error can be resolved by following the steps mentioned above. Try each solution and see which one works for you. If you encounter any further issues or errors while playing your favorite games, you can always reach out to our support team for assistance. We are here to ensure that your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.