## Making it Right: A Step-by-Step Guide
Heading 3: Solutions to Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Maps Not Showing Up Problem
If you are experiencing issues with maps not showing up in Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, you are not alone. In this article, we will explain the problem and provide you with effective solutions to solve it.
How Many Maps are in Black Ops 3?
Before we delve into the solutions, let’s discuss the number of maps in Black Ops 3. In the base game, you will find 12 multiplayer maps. However, if you purchased the game on the first day or pre-ordered it, you will have access to a bonus map. Additionally, there are more maps available after installing various DLCs. According to Famdom, there are a total of 36 multiplayer maps in Black Ops 3, including the base game and the DLCs. The number may vary as the game receives updates.
Before attempting the main solutions, it is recommended to complete these preliminary steps:
1. Restart your PC or console.
2. Ensure that your internet connection is stable.
3. Temporarily disable or uninstall your antivirus software to see if it helps.
4. Wait a few minutes after launching the game to see if the maps are still missing.
Now, let’s explore the main solutions to fix the problem of maps not showing up in Black Ops 3:
1. Run the game as an administrator:
– Go to the installation directory of Black Ops 3.
– Right-click on the game’s exe file and select “Properties.”
– Navigate to the Compatibility tab.
– Check the box that says “Run this program as an administrator.”
– Click on Apply and OK.
This method also helps if you are unable to launch Black Ops 3 on your PC.
2. Update the game files:
– Launch the Steam’s desktop app and go to your game library.
– Find Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and right-click on it.
– Select “Properties.”
– Go to the Updates tab.
– Click on the dropdown icon next to “Automatic Updates” and choose “High Priority – Always auto-update this game before others.”
– Relaunch Steam.
Steam will now prioritize checking for updates for Black Ops 3 and install any available updates.
3. Re-install the DLCs:
Reinstalling or re-downloading the DLCs is a successful method to fix the issue of maps not showing up in Black Ops 3. Follow these steps:
– Open Steam.
– Go to your game library.
– Right-click on Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 and select “Properties.”
– Navigate to the DLC tab.
– Untick the DLCs you want to uninstall.
– Close the window and update the game.
– Go back to the DLCs and tick the DLCs again.
– Close the window and update the game again.
Note that the instructions may vary if you are using a different game launcher. After trying this method, launch Black Ops 3 and check if the maps are now showing up.
4. Contact support:
If none of the above methods resolve the issue, you can take steps to repair the game files or reach out to the Activision support team for further assistance. Running the game in clean boot mode before contacting support may also help resolve the map-related problem in Black Ops 3.
Instructions for Xbox and PlayStation Users:
If you are playing Black Ops 3 on Xbox or PlayStation and experiencing the maps not showing up problem, here are specific solutions for each console:
– Xbox: Clear the persistent cache or uninstall and reinstall the suspicious DLC.
– PlayStation: Clear the cache and rebuild the database or uninstall and reinstall the DLC from the game’s Manage Game Content section.
If the issue persists, consider completely reinstalling the game. If you have any questions or suggestions to help others, feel free to share in the comment box.
Contact Us for Support:
If you encounter any issues or errors while playing your favorite games and require support, feel free to contact us. Our team is always ready to assist you and ensure your gaming experience is seamless and enjoyable.